Sunday, April 13, 2014


My list of grievances:

  1. Taxes
  2. Money
  3. Lack of ANY forward progress in career transition
  4. Lack of energy
  5. Lack of call backs on the 10+ job inquiries I made in the last 2 months.
  6. Lack of Ky in my life at the moment
  7. Taxes (deserve to be mentioned twice)
  8. that I'm inside writing a list of grievances instead of outside running (while waiting for my state TAX page to load, and crash, and reload, and recrash... ugh)
  9. I can't think of anything I want to eat, and I'm trying to cut out alcohol, so I'm biting my nails to reveal places no nail should be made to reveal

My list of happy stuff:


  1. SO much time with friends this weekend. Booyah for the former (still, but different) introvert...
  2. Spent yesterday afternoon running and this morning walking on the beach in the sun! Yes!
  3. The last of the stuff I had to do at work kinda, sorta, maybe worked?
  4. Cutting out alcohol has positively impacted my weight - and by positively I mean negatively, on the number scale...
  5. I still have time and sunlight for a run today
  6. I have Harry Potter 4 audiobook loaded on my phone, and when I run I'll get to hear about the Quidditch world cup!
  7. Ky sounded super happy in our last phone call, & in our last 10 texts - and sent a cute picture, too! Sweet!
  8. I'm giving up on the state tax filing web page since it's a prompt & update page and it has taken 35 minutes for me to agree that my date of birth and social security number remain the same from last year's taxes.... so no guilt in letting the site spin while I"m off running, right?
  9. There are sparrows in the bushes out my back window and they look very happy to be hopping around in the afternoon spring sunshine, and soon I will join them (?! not in bushes though)
  10. I have now moved my tax/blog operation upstairs to the bathroom, where I am perched on the side of the tub soaking my cold feet in a hot bath whilst precariously balancing my laptop on my actual lap. Awesome on so many levels. Also I'm drinking coffee. Mmmm. 
  11. late edit: I actually tracked an animal today! I forgot about that. Part of my morning beach walk. 7 year old me would be SO impressed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment